Thursday, November 12, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #26








Hello there,

I'm sorry that my card for the recent MDUC is so late - have had a few other commissioned cards to make for family members and have been busy with other things and issues recently.




For this challenge we had to use this sketch designed by Shell Barnard.


As I had been asked to make a 70th birthday card featuring a Tilda image I made use of this sketch for the card.


It worked out very well I think.





Here is my take on the sketch.

I used some pretty patterned paper and attached it to a scalloped piece of cardstock then mounted it onto the base card.

I then embossed some pink card, cut around the edges in a random shape then cut out a piece from the centre and turned it into a frame so that I could put the main image inside it.

The white piece of card behind the frame was sponged with some pale yellow ink to match the scalloped border strip.

I coloured Tilda with watercolour pencils and an aquabrush and added some glitter glue to the flowers and the bow in her hair. 3D foam squares were used to attach her to the frame.

I used some gold peel-off stickers for the numerals and the Birthday greeting, attaching them to some yellow cardstock and then cut around the greeting with scissors and used a 1" circle punch around the numbers. (I edged the circle of cardstock with a gold ink pen.)

To finish off the card, I added a gold peel-off corner sticker and then attached a gold brad to a white flower and some pink flowers and leaves and adhered them to the embossed frame with 3D foam squares.

My Mother-in-Law was very happy with the card which she is giving to a friend of hers - I hope the Birthday 'Girl' will like it as well !

Please check out our MDUC site here to see what the other team members have done for this challenge and if you want to play along too, add your card creations to our link so that we can all have a look at them.


Thanks for stopping by - I hope you come back soon for another visit.


I have two more cards to show you which will be in my next post and I have to make another 2 cards by this weekend so will show you those as well when they're finished.

'Bye for now - see you again very soon!

3 comments:

  1. i'm sure the birthday "girl" would have LOVED this Ramona! It's absolutely gorgeous!
    Looking forward to a proper catch up soon
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Magnolia stamp is probably not the first one I would run to get if I wanted to make a 70th birthday card, but you have done such a fantastic job with this card. The colors are so pretty and the flowers too. The gold 70th perfect. Your MIL's friend is going to love it, and so do I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Card Ramona.. I love it.. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about my creations - I appreciate every one. Cheers, Ramona.