Saturday, March 28, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 4













Hello again,



I was out all day today but managed to make this card for my entry in Kellie Winnell's Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 4.
For this challenge we had to use some 'Bling' and looking at the lovely Tilda images I have the other day, I immediately had an idea in my head of the sort of card I wanted to make so when I got home I set to work!



I chose my cardstock from my Stampin' Up! supplies and chose navy for the base card and two
different shades of blue for mounting the lovely sparkly paper onto.


The sparkly paper is from the Alison Ellis range which came out around Christmas time last year and I knew it would fit perfectly with this challenge.


I coloured Tilda in with watercolour pencils and my aquabrush then cut out the image and mounted it over the crescent moon then attached both to the patterned paper.


I then stamped the greeting and cut it out with my SU Window Punch and mounted it to the paper using 3D foam pads.


To finish off I added the compulsory 'Bling' - I used Kindy Glitz - Crystalline along the edges of the moon and the greeting and also on Tilda's hair bow, dress buttons and the pattern on her socks.



Here is the card I made -




It's very hard to see the overall effect in the photo so I have taken a side-on view as well to give you some idea of what it looks like but photos never do the cards justice - they look so much better in real life!



You can't see the beautiful glittery effect of the paper very well in these photos but it's really stunning paper and the glitter on the moon and Tilda doesn't come up as effectively either but I hope you get some idea of what I was trying to achieve with this card.



























I hope to get some more challenges done tomorrow so check back again soon!

'Bye for now - thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ramona this card is just gorgeous! Your so creative, love it!

    Thanks so much for playing along again at Magnolia Down Under Challenges

    Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramona this is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for blinging it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you said you had an idea in mind but WOW - this one is a beauty!!! May be "borrowing" this idea sometime - if I may!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is far more what I had in my mind than what came out! This is a fabulous card Ramona, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about my creations - I appreciate every one. Cheers, Ramona.