Monday, June 22, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 16










Hi, I'm back again with another MDUC entry - I'm sorry but I missed getting my card uploaded on Sunday as I've been busy making special family Birthday cards recently and was out all weekend.


For this week's challenge our team had to make a card using one of a few colour selections - I chose the Pink, Brown and Cream combination for my Tilda card.



I love this image of Tilda with the Tulips (my favourite flowers) and thought it would be perfect to use with these colours.
I used Chocolate Chip for the base card and Pink Pirouette for the embossed panel and for mounting the patterned paper.
The paper is from a retired Stampin' Up! Designer Series set called Au Chocolat which was in one of the Mini catalogues a long while ago. (I knew I should have bought more at the time - it's such beautiful paper !)
I embossed the pink panel with my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder and added some Cocoa and Pink foam flowers which I found in my collection. The colours matched the cardstock perfectly.
I stamped the greeting on white card and punched it out with an oval punch, mounting it on a larger oval in Chocolate Chip cardstock.
As always, Tilda was coloured using watercolour pencils and an aqua brush. I added some glitter to the tulips and the foam flowers for a bit of bling !
Some lovely pink gems were added to finish off the card.


SU Supplies -
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette.
Stamps - Short and Sweet (for the greeting)
Ink - Chocolate Chip
Designer Series Papers - Au Chocolat (2007-2008)
Punches - Small and Large Ovals


Extras -
Foam flowers, adhesive gems, Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder, Kindy Glitz - Crystalina.


I hope you will join our team this fortnight and add your creation to our MDUC site - here is the link. I'll be dropping in to see what beautiful cards you've all made.


If you haven't entered before then please, take the plunge and play along with us - it's so much fun and we all get so much inspiration from everyone else's cards.


You'll be amazed by the different ideas you can see here and there is sure to be more than a few cards to inspire you !


Well, drop by again soon to see what else I've made - I have a lovely treat in store for you.
A special Birthday card I made for a family member - got you intrigued ??


'Bye for now - thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo pretty Ramona - love that soft pink - it's fast becoming a favourite! And that Tilda is one of my faves too - gorgeous!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card makes me think of chocolate marshmallows for some reason Ramona!! It's such a pretty and delicate card, also so much to look at....awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about my creations - I appreciate every one. Cheers, Ramona.