Monday, February 2, 2009

Floral Cards

I decided to try out my Artfully Asian set and make some pretty floral cards as I love this image with the branch, flowers and leaves.

I stamped the base image in Basic Black then coloured in the flowers, buds and leaves with watercolour pencils and an aquabrush.

For the yellow card, I used the Four Seasons DS paper (from the 2007-2008 catalogue) as a background, cutting out the corners with a small circle punch and then mounting it on Chocolate Chip cardstock.

I then added a strip of Au Chocolat DS paper as a contrast (from one of the previous year's mini catalogues).

I sponged around the edges of the white card with Pumpkin Pie ink then mounted it onto Pumpkin Pie card before cutting out the corners with a small circle punch and piercing holes around the edges. This was then mounted onto Chocolate Chip card.

To finish off the card I stamped the greeting in Chocolate Chip ink, added small gold brads to the corners of the base card and then added some glitter to the flowers using KindyGlitz - Crystalline.

SU Supplies -

Cardstock - Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White

Stamps - Artfully Asian (floral branch) / Live Your Dream (Greeting)

Inks - Basic Black, Chocolate Chip

DS Papers - Four Seasons, Au Chocolat

Extras - Gold brads, KindyGlitz - Crystalline

For the second card using the same floral branch image, I chose a blue theme.

I coloured the floral branch in the same way but chose different background papers from the Prints Designer Series in Brilliant Blue.

These were mounted onto Ballet Blue and Green Galore cardstock. I added some Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon and added some KindyGlitz to the flowers for some added sparkle.

SU Supplies -

Cardstock- Ballet Blue, Green Galore, Whisper White

Inks - Basic Black, Ballet Blue, Soft Sky (for sponging the edges of the white card)

Stamps - Artfully Asian - floral branch and greeting

Papers - Designer Series - Brilliant Blue - spots and stripes

Scallop Border Punch

Ribbon - Bashful Blue grosgrain

Extra - KindyGlitz - Crystalline

I have another version in the making with a pink theme so come back and visit again to see that one which I'll upload once it's finished - in the next day or two.

There is something so lovely about creating floral, feminine cards and with our great range of stamps to choose from, there is no shortage of designs to inspire you.

Check out our main catalogue and our current mini's for some really beautiful stamps and papers and don't forget, some of these stamp sets will be retiring in the next few months to make way for our new catalogue so don't leave it till the last minute to place your orders.

Contact me now to place your orders or enquire about classes for cards like these.

Thanks for visiting - come back in the next day or so to see my other creations!

'Bye everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Ramona, absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Ramona- love all the little design details on the first card and the gorgeous blue DSP on the second one !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooo pretty Raona - I love them both. Your beautiful colouring just makes them come to life. Great layouts too.....
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about my creations - I appreciate every one. Cheers, Ramona.