Monday, February 2, 2009

Makeesha Byl's Challenge #3



Well, as promised I have a new card for you.

I missed Keesh's deadline for this colour challenge but still made the card just to see what I could come up with.


I decided to use this cute little owl from the Celebrate Everyday set and found the perfect background paper in the DS Ginger Blossom set.

I coloured in the owl with watercolour pencils and an aquabrush, added some Blue Bayou ribbon and after stamping the flowers and cutting them out, I added co-ordinating pearls for the centres. The owl base image was stamped in Blue Bayou ink then a second image was stamped in Basic Black so I could colour it in, cut it out and adhere it over the base image with 3D foam squares.


I used the Scallop Border Punch for the edges on the Ruby Red and Blue Bayou cardstock pieces.

SU Supplies:

Cardstock - Blue Bayou, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink - Blue Bayou, Basic Black
Stamps - Owl / Greeting from the Celebrate Everyday ( '08 - Spring Mini catalogue) -
Flowers from the '09 Sale-A-Bration - Polka Dot Punches set
Ribbon - Blue Bayou double-stitched
DS Papers - Ruby Red / White spots from the Ginger Blossom set
Scallop Border Punch

Extras - Self-adhesive pearls - Red / Chocolate (Kaisercraft)



Thanks for stopping by - come back soon, I have more to show you!



'Bye for now.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ramona - Love what you did with the challenge colours, I'm a bit of an owl lover so this one really appeals! The flowers and pearls are "just right" too.
    Hope you're not working too hard - talk soon xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Ramona and the owl is super cute. You have used the stamps so well, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the owl too Ramona, very cute card!
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ramona- This is so pretty... Love your little owl and that lovely DSP-Must get me some of that....quick!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about my creations - I appreciate every one. Cheers, Ramona.