Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter Cards

Hi there,

Easter has now been and gone for this year and I thought I would share a couple of cards I made for family members. I am lucky enough to celebrate Easter twice each year - the second Easter is the Russian Orthodox one which I love as my partner and I visit his parents and family to celebrate with them each year and we always have a great time.

Card No.1 -

The first card is one I made for my sister-in-law. I love Penny Black stamps, especially the cute animal ones and I wanted to use this adorable rabbit and chick stamp which I had recently bought.




I coloured the image with watercolour pencils and an aquabrush and mounted it on some blue co-ordinating card.

I had bought the cute Easter themed paper awhile ago and thought it would match the stamped image perfectly.

I punched the border on the white card with my new Stampin' Up! Eyelet punch and tied some yellow ribbon around the top layers before mounting them over the patterned paper.

The stamped greeting is from Stampin' Up! too.


Card No. 2 -

As I love the new SU Fifth Avenue Floral stamp, I used it on the card I made for my Parents-in-Law.
I wanted something simple and not too fussy or cute and this set is just perfect - nice clean lines, yet beautiful images.



The Easter greeting is a stamp I had in my collection and after stamping it in blue on some white card, I cut around it then rounded the corners before sponging the edges with the green ink to match the flower images on the card.


To finish it off, I added the flower which was made up of 3 flowers in various sizes, layered and held together with a gold brad in the centre. I mounted it over the greeting with 3D foam dots.



Both cards were a hit and were gladly received. I was a bit pushed for time this year so didn't make many Easter cards but may do a few now when I have some spare time and get ahead for next year ! LOL



Well, thanks for stopping by - hope to see you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. WOW - more gorgeous cards!!! Love the both - but think that bunny has stolen my heart! There's just something about Penny Black critters!
    CYA soon
    Lotsaluv

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about my creations - I appreciate every one. Cheers, Ramona.