Monday, April 20, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 8










Hello again,

Another week, another challenge! This week's MDUC theme was 'Cupcake' and was a good chance to use my new Stampin' Up! 'Crazy for Cupcakes' set which had just arrived in the post.

I also had a chance to finally play with my Nestabilities and cut and embossed the oval 'window' on my card.




I coloured Tilda in with watercolour pencils and an aquabrush then added some glitter to her wings and dress and added some SU Crystal Effects to glaze the little cake she is holding.


I stamped the tiered layers of cupcakes on white card and layered it to the inside of the card behind the oval window. The cakes were coloured and then I added some glitter 'icing' to each one.


I then stamped a greeting and punched it out using the larger SU Oval punch then sponged around the edges with contrasting ink and adhered it on the inside of the card just under the cupcakes.


Before I mounted the Tilda image on the front of the card, I stamped a background of little cakes in pink and green on the white base card then tied some pretty pink ribbon around the front of the card (cutting a slit in the spine of the card to thread the ribbon through) and attached a little foam flower with a brad in the centre.


I added some glitter to the flower so it co-ordinated with the glittered images.

Little Tilda was attached to the front of the card using 3D foam squares.


Here is a side-on view so that you can hopefully see the glitter on the cakes and on Tilda's wings and dress.







If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you will see the full effect.

















SU supplies -


Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Short and Sweet.

Inks: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink.

Cardstock: Whisper White


Extras -

Nestabilities - Scalloped ovals, Kindy Glitz - Crystallina, pink ribbon, foam flower, brad.


If you like this card, why not join in the fun and send us your entry for this week's challenge -
check out all the other beautiful cards from the other MDUC Design Team members too when you visit the site - here is the link for you.



Well, time to go and make some more cards for you to look at when you pop in again for another visit to my blog. Have a great week - come back again soon!

4 comments:

  1. What can I say Ramona - you used the perfect stamps for this challenge - great minds think alike - LOL. I love the way you put the cupcakes in the "window" - inspired! And great effect with the little cupcakes in the background too. Gorgeous job...
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Ramona,Tilda is coloured beautifully and your window is fantastic!!! I also love all those cupcakes.They are very tempting for someone that loves sweets....lol....
    Thanks for leaving me a lovely comment.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love how you have cut the aperture to show the cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramona, this was a great effect using a window card, has worked really well. Look forward to next weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about my creations - I appreciate every one. Cheers, Ramona.