Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tri - Shutter Card - #2


Hello again,

I'm back with another creation that I made just the other night. A family member had asked me to make a card for their friend's 40th Birthday this weekend so as it was for a 'special' birthday, I thought I would make another of these brilliant Tri-Shutter cards.

I had so much fun making my first one (see my previous post to view my first attempt at this great design) that I wanted to try another.

This time I chose Pink / Pomegranate for the colours.




The cardstock and patterned papers are from Stampin' Up! as well as the rub-on quotes and the centre stamped images.




The stamped quote on the right-hand side is from Hero Arts - one of my favourites.

I added some pretty satin roses which were a perfect match for the Pomegranate base card and attached co-ordinating gems as well. To keep in with the floral / feminine theme, I added a lovely sticker of pink tulips and some pink satin-edged ribbon.


SU Supplies -

Cardstock - Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate (retired In-Color - 2008), Close to Cocoa
Papers - Designer Series - Berry Bliss
Inks - Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Purely Pomegranate
Stamps - 5th Avenue Floral (quote), One of a Kind
Rub Ons - Eastern Elegance

Extras -

Self-adhesive gems, Stickles glitter glue, ribbon, satin flowers, floral sticker, gold peel-off stickers (gift image and Birthday greeting which had been coloured with a pink marker),
Hero Arts stamp (quote).


I have plans for a few more of these so drop by again and check them out in my future posts.


Thanks for stopping by - please come back again soon!

6 comments:

  1. Its fabulous Ramona! Bet it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Ramona - I still plan to get one of these done one day!!! It's great to see you've found time in your busy life to craft too!
    Lotsaluv
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramona, you are so clever, this is a stunning card, can't wait to see the next one. Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWzeers Ramona this is gorgeous! Looks like a lot of work. Just stunning, very effect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. Ramona, stunning card. Yes, I am stunned. I looked at the other one too. I don't know which one I prefer. They're both so gorgeous. Great colour schemes on both cards. I have that stamp too, take time to enjoy, yeah!!!

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the colors!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about my creations - I appreciate every one. Cheers, Ramona.