Friday, December 19, 2008

Tres Chic, mon ami !

Well girls, as promised, here are some more of my creations. Last Saturday I spent the day with my upline Yvonne and three girls from our team - Robyn, Leanne & Leonie.
The weather that day was awful with lashing rain and gale-force winds but we were cosy and dry inside the house (well some of us were - and that's another story ! LOL) and we had a wonderful time making cards and gift boxes.


We tried some Iris Folding which was fun as we added some of the new chunky glitter (from the Summer Mini) to our folded paper strips which really added some pizzazz !


I wasn't happy with my card so am re-working it and will post it soon but you can check out the other girls' cards on their blogs - see my Blog List.


Here is one of the cards I made that day.




Materials for the card -

Cardstock - Almost Amethyst, Old Olive

Die Cut Blooms - Bashful Blue (Spring Mini)



DSP - Summer Picnic (Spring Mini)

Ink - Blue Bayou

Ribbon - Moss gingham

Greeting - Eastern Elegance Rub-Ons (Spring Mini)

Extras - Crop-a-Dile - (for punching the holes in the flower petals), self-adhesive pearl for the flower centre, blue self-adhesive gems.


Both the small flower and the larger one were mounted using foam squares.

I also made a little gift box to match -




























Materials for the gift box -


DS Paper - Summer Picnic (Spring Mini)


Die Cut Blooms - Bashful Blue (Spring Mini)


Cardstock - Bashful Blue


Extra - small blue self-adhesive gem for flower centre.



We had a great day despite the weather and it was nice to catch up with the other girls as they all live over the other side of town and it was the first time I had spent the day creating with them.


We had all only recently met at the Melbourne Regional so by the end of the day, we had become good friends. Of course, the luscious cake I brought along that day helped to bridge the friendship gap!! Oooh it was so yummy !!


While I was still feeling inspired this week, I made another card the other night after work. I had wanted to use my Tres Chic background stamp and thought of an idea for a card while I was looking at my new rolls of satin Pomegranate ribbon which I'd just bought.


I thought of adding a strong contrasting colour so chose a piece of Blue Bayou cardstock and punched out an oval to highlight the word 'Hope'. I thought that this card could be used for Christmas or any other special occasion and to dress it up a little, I added glitter to the stamped flourishes, inked the torn edges and added some pearls and lastly the beautiful satin ribbon to match the inked words.




Materials -

Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Blue Bayou

Inks - Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou

Stamps - Priceless set (swirls) / Background Stamp - Tres Chic (main catalogue)

Ribbon - Purely Pomegranate satin (Spring Mini)

Extras - Kindy Glitz - crystalline / self-adhesive pearls


Hope you like these - there will be more to come over the next week as I have a few more items to finish off and upload for you to see.


Have a lovely weekend - until next time ........

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ramona,
    I LOVE the Tres Chic card - the idea is fantastic! Hope to catch up with you at some stage in the new year!
    Have a safe and Merry Christmas and Happy Stamping in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Ramona as you promised me, hehe, you have listed some cards, and I love them! I really, really like the last card....WOW. Will have to catch up soon I think? Cuppa and stampin.
    Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "Tres Chic " card is absolutely gorgeous Ramona- glad to see that your new job is not stopping you from making fabulous creations! And yes, THAT cake was truly yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ramona,
    I have finally dired out!lol! Your tres chic card is fabulous, what a crafty idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow these are beautiful!! You have an incrediable amount of talent....So nice to see.
    Look forward to seeing a few more in the near future!!
    Kathie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ramona... I just love your cards! The little gift box is so cute. I bet it was fun stamping with the gals and yes, cake, coffee, or tea will bridge any friendship with good conversation!!! Food is a great bridge for a woman... He! Or maybe it’s just me... LOL! On your 2nd card I have to give the oval punch out a try... that is AWESOME!! Beautiful card! Smiles... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely Ramona... I love the Die Cut blooms idea and just might use some of that card idea as inspiration for my own. Hope that's ok. ;-)
    And thank you for your lovely comment on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ramona, Lovely card... that Tres Chic BG stamp is back on my wish list thanks to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about my creations - I appreciate every one. Cheers, Ramona.