Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Two new cards from the Summer mini range

Hi everyone, well as I mentioned in my previous post, the colours of the new Designer Series papers in the Summer Mini just make you want to get stuck in and create which is what I did today.

I made this lovely 'Fishy' card using the new Ocean Commotion stamps and some of the Bali Breeze paper. I think the colours work so well together and make you think of Summer fun at the beach.























I positioned the Teal printed paper over the yellow base card first to work out where the greeting would go, then stamped the Birthday greeting in Taken with Teal. I then attached the Teal printed paper on the base card. lightly sponged a square of white cardstock with Soft Sky ink then stamped the marine plants with Mellow Moss at the bottom and the fish with Taken with Teal.

I then mounted the stamped card onto a larger square of textured Wild Wasabi cardstock and punched out the photo corners from Summer Sun cardstock using the Photo Corners punch.

The smaller photo corner was attached to the mounted image with a gold brad, then I attached the mounted image to the printed paper. Finally, I added glitter to the fish and the plants. The Crystalline glitter picks up the base colour of the inks so it looks like I've used two different coloured glitters.

Stampin' Up supplies:-

Stamps - Ocean Commotion (Summer Mini), Occasional Greetings (main 2008 catalogue)
Designer Series paper - Bali Breeze (Summer Mini)
Cardstock - Summer Sun, Wild Wasabi (textured), Whisper White.
Inks - Soft Sky (for sponged background), Taken with Teal (fish & ghreeting), Mellow Moss (marine plants).
Punch - Photo Corners

Non- SU supplies: Gold brad, silver gem (fish eye), Kindy Glitz - Crystalline.


Here is my second card using my new products. I wanted to make something in feminine colours and the Afternoon Tea Designer Papers were the perfect choice. This was a tall card for something a little different.


I stamped the blossom branch in Close to Cocoa on Whisper White card then coloured in the blossoms with a water-colour pencil and an aquabrush, then I inked the edges of the white card with the Cocoa ink. This was then mounted onto textured Wild Wasabi card, and the top two corners were cut away using a small circle punch.

I cut a strip of Groovy Guava cardstock and punched the scallops using the Scallop Border punch. The holes were made in each scallop using the 1/8" hole punch on the Crop-a-Dile.
The next step was to mount it on Chocolate Chip card and attach 2 gold brads in the top corners.

I used the Afternoon Tea Designer Series paper to mount onto the Guava base card. Then I positioned the taffeta Choc. Chip ribbon underneath and marked the spine of the card so that I could then cut a slit for the ribbon to pass through and attached it to the inside of the card.
I cut another small piece of ribbon and tied it in a knot around the longer strip then attached this strip to the card and adhered the edge of the ribbon inside the card too.

I stamped the greeting in Wild Wasabi on White card, punched it out using the Square Scallop Punch and attached it to a larger square of textured Wild Wasabi card. This was then adhered underneath the ribbon knot.

For the final touch, I added some Kindy Glitz to the blossom centres. (I don't know if the glitter shows up on this small photo but if you enlarge it, you can see where the glitter is.)

Stampin' Up supplies:-
Cardstock -Groovy Guava, Whisper White, textured Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip.
Designer Series paper - Afternoon Tea.
Stamps - Embrace Life, Say it with Scallops (both from the Summer Mini).
Ribbon - Chocolate Chip taffeta.
Punch - Square Scallop.

Non-SU supplies:- Gold brads, Kindy Glitz - Crystalline.

Well, I hope you like these two cards - I have already started another one which I'll upload in the next day or two.


Thanks for visiting !

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love that Afternoon Tea Paper (ps I gave you a blog award!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute these two cards are!! Love the DP colors and you layouts. The scallop edge on the 2nd card is the WOW for me... smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about my creations - I appreciate every one. Cheers, Ramona.